Resizing controls in one go?

Hello - maybe I’m missing a trick, but is there any way to resize a number of controls with one option? For instance - if you have 10 text input controls all different widths and you want to resize them all to be the same width, is there an option to do this? Thanks.

Hi @ekane,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

We actually introduced this feature very recently, and it’s available via Edit > Resize to, as shown below:

Please let us know if you need anything else, we’re here to help! :slight_smile:

Brilliant! Thanks for that. Would you think in the future to add this as well into the properties panel, where you also have control align option and spacing options?

Totally @ekane! Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve added the request in our internal tool so we can further discuss it with the team.

Please keep sharing your thoughts with us, this helps us making the tool better! :smile:

Similar but different request here - I often like to resize by typing in new width values in the inspector. If the items are above each other, this works fine. If the items are side by side, it’s basically impossible unless you’re a maths genius. The reason is obvious but if there’s a setting that can be introduced to alter the behaviour when selecting multiple items of the same type that would be handy.

NB- when creating these screenshots, the sizes occasionally showed an astronomical number (about 7 digits - larger than the canvas). Is this a known bug? Happened 3 times but of course I can’t repro it now.

Hi @Ryan,

Thanks for sharing that one, my friend. :slight_smile:

How about this suggestion:

1. Resize one (or more if vertically aligned) control
  2. Add horizontally aligned controls to the selection
  3. Via Edit Menu, resize to widest/narrowest

Would that work for you?

About the bug, i’ve tried to reproduce it but it didn’t show up on my end. In case that one appears again using the latest version, please let us know and we’ll try again. Reproducible steps would be super helpful too.

Anything else, we’re here!

hmmm, keyboard shortcuts would help me remember to use that.

Maybe Alt+Shift+arrow