Resizing the contents of a cropped group modifies the size of the crop

If I modify the size of the contents of a cropped group then the size of the crop changes. This then requires that I update the size of the crop back to its previous settings.

Steps to recreate:

1. Group together a set of items.
  2. Crop the grouped items.
  3. Modify the group’s contents making it taller.
  4. Notice that the crop dimensions have shifted with the change in content size.

Hey, @paulshoughton, nice to hear from you again :slight_smile:

When you stretch the group down, are you expecting to expose some of the group that you cropped? Expanding the size of a cropped group will affect the proportions of the things in that group.

However, if you click on the crop icon again, you will be able to adjust the size of the crop without changing the proportion of it.

Is that what you were looking for? Let us know!

Hi @Brendan,

Hopefully I can give a little more context.

To explain with some images from Balsamiq.

I created a simple group of 3 boxes vertically stacked.

I then cropped them down to show just two boxes:

When I go and edit the group and add a fourth box and exit the group the crop size has changed to show 2 and bit boxes:

My expectation is that the size of the crop wouldn’t change and I’d just see 2 boxes from the 4 in the group.

Why is this important?

When showing an interface that is bounded by a mobile devices limitations at is helpful to construct the full interface and only show the visible part with a cropped group:

Any modification to the group (anything that changes the height of the group) will modify the crop size. Which in this case is not what I need to happen.

Thanks, Paul…

Gotcha, Paul.

I believe our crop is based on proportion, so when you change the size of the main group, it changes the crop’s proportion.

I’ll see if there is anything we can do about it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report, my friend.

Thank you for the response. :slight_smile: