Significant slower after desktop build upgrade to Windows 7 64bit

Hi,

I work for a large corporate and my company is using Balsamiq 2.1.9 on virtual desktops. I have just had my virtual desktop build upgraded from XP to Windows 7, 32 to 64 bit. I have more virtual RAM, HD and processor bandwidth but Balsamiq now runs very slowly - it has been running well for some time on my old XP virtual desktop. On the new Windows 7 virtual desktop, opening an existing mockup takes about the same time but working within it (like selecting a simple object like a combo box) takes ages, up to 15 seconds before it is actually selected. I am going to lose my XP build at the end of the week and I need this to work at normal speeds on my Windows 7 build soon. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Carlos

Hey @carlos!

I’m sorry about the slowdown; I’m not sure what could be causing it. Let’s try a couple of things to see if we can make it better.

First, let’s get you on the last version of Mockups 2 (2.2.28.) We have the installer in our archives, and you can grab it here.

Next, lets also make sure you are running the most up-to-date version of Adobe Air. You can download the installer here.

Finally, if you are still experiencing a lot of slowdown, let’s try putting Mockups into XP Compatibility mode. To do that, find the exe file (usually in User\Program Files (x86)\Balsamiq Mockups), right click on it, and click on Properties.

Once the properties window opens, click on the compatibility tab, and select “Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP.” Make sure the checkbox is checked and click “OK”.

Let me know if that speeds up your Mockups experience, Carlos. If it doesn’t we will poke at it more, and figure out what is going on.

You may also want to check out Mockups 3 (https://balsamiq.com/download) and see if that works better for you. I think you may like it :wink: