Size of button hotspots in PDFs

Are the button hotspots (i.e., clickable region) in PDFs (when optimized for viewing) limited to the little white arrows? Or can I get a larger hotspot as seen in the presentation view? And if I export and show link hints, the pink spot isn’t clickable. In fact, I can’t get the links to work at all when I use these parameters. I haven’t included mock-up names or page numbers (which from other posts seems to cause a problem).

Non-technical users are going to try to click anywhere on the button itself (as you would in a real website). They won’t know to aim for the bottom right corner of a button. I’ve read through the forums and tutorials, but think I’m still missing something.

I’m considering buying this product but this functionality is important to me. FYI, I have the trial of the most recent version.

Hey @Hippocampus, I’m sorry it took so long to get back to you about this, it’s been a crazy day.

I haven’t been able to reproduce this problem on either OS X or Windows. All my exported PDFs (both optimized for viewing and scaled) have hotspots the size of the whole button.

If you have a moment this weekend, shoot me an email at support@balsamiq.com and lets see if we can’t dig deeper to figure out what’s going on.

Sorry for the hassle!

So for those who are interested, I just got a new computer and have Office 365 installed. Apparently, this comes with a built-in PDF viewer. When I would view my exported PDF, it would open in this viewer and the links wouldn’t work. However, when I installed Adobe Reader, my links work perfectly!

Loving this product. And the tech support is STELLAR.