Sizing elements to less than 10px

Now that Mockups has moved away from the Canvas elements to just using basic shapes, I’m wondering if there’s a reason that shape elements can’t be sized to less than 10px. When I create symbol libraries, I’m finding that I often require elements that are 5px-8px tall, but they’re not easy to create.

I’ve found a work around, which is to make the object larger, group it with another placeholder object, resize both objects, and then delete the second placeholder object. It’s kind of a hack, but it does prove that objects less than 10px in height or width can exist.

Hey Josh,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I wanted to check with the dev team about this. The 10x10px restriction is a design decision we made because it’s really hard to work with objects that are smaller than that.

That being said, I added your comment to the story in our feature tracker so that we can discuss it again.

Thanks for reaching out, Josh. Don’t hesitate to bring stuff like this to our attention. We always want to hear if folks want a feature.

Happy Wireframing, sir!

Thanks Brendan. Understandable decision, but since you can zoom in/out, it would be nice to be able to at least turn off the restriction.