Slow performance of myBalsamiq for 1 user

We have a number of development users who have accounts on the myBalsamiq and are using this without a problem.
However we have 1 user who is having some performance problems, hopefully I can explain the issue…

The user (we’ll call him Rob) has a Windows 7 Laptop and a Windows 7 desktop. The software installed on both machines is identical and the hardware specs, while note high-end, are more than acceptable.

When Rob logs onto his laptop with his domain account and onto the site with his own account the performance of myBalsamiq.com is fine.
When Rob logs onto his Desktop with his domain account and onto the site with his own account the performance of myBalsamiq.com is very slow. When trying to add a button for example the site hangs after dragging and dropping a button (for about 30 seconds). Also when trying enter text the entire page pauses for a while before showing any text fields.

When Rob logs onto another desktop with his domain account and onto the site with his own account the performance of myBalsamiq.com is fine.
When another user logs onto Rob’s desktop with his own account and onto the site with Rob’s account the performance of myBalsamiq.com is fine.

So we’ve narrowed the issue down to only affecting Rob when logged on to this specific machine with his domain account. The problem is we can’t figure out what it is on this one machine with this one account that might be causing and issue. Perhaps something in the registry for this user?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi, I’m wondering if maybe a browser extension or an agressive firewall is getting in the way. Could you please try again in a new incognito window or with all browser extensions disabled or with your firewall disabled (if pertinent)?

Luis

Oh sorry I just realized you had tried using the specific machine with another user and performance was fine. Did this other user have the same permissions as Rob ?

Luis

The company firewall and proxy server are applied to both users regardless of machine so that’s not it.
Yes, the users will have slightly different group policies to each other but as Rob has no problems on another machine it’s not his group assigned permissions.

Hi, did you ever get around to trying in a an incognito window and / or with all extensions disabled ? Maybe something is interacting with data in Rob’s account. Otherwise I’m a bit stumped. We could do an interactive session with Rob just to check out how things are behaving in Chrome dev tools. Let me know and we can set that up for you.

Luis

I will try with a private browser window and add-ons disabled (although we don’t allow add-ons in the company) and confirm, thanks.