[SOLVED] Accordion works when in the Web Editor, but not when previewing via Confluence?

Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)
macOS, Sierra

When previewing the accordion within the Balsamiq editor (B3C: Editor Version {"version":"3.5.8","date":"02/27/2017 08:06"}, no problems when clicking links and navigating with the accordion between pages.

When in Confluence, and clicking the thumbnail icon in a Confluence page, the preview window’s accordion (Balsamiq Viewer Version: {"version":"1.0.41","date":"10/28/2016 09:09"} does some weird stuff:

1. The initial links are ok, but if I expand the accordion, then the hotspots are totally out of place and the accordion becomes unusable.
  2. The bottom-most link is hidden (like the box is too small)

Clients are not likely to edit the slides to do a preview. They will most likely click on the icon and get a broken accordion (not sure if this depends on OS/Browser).

Any tips on how to make the Confluence preview behave more like the Eidtor’s preview?

Thank you!

Looks like you’ve hit a bug in the viewer, @mhulse. I’m sorry about that.

Would it be possible to share the project with us? That will help us debug.

Sorry again for the bug, my friend.

Thanks for the reply Brendan!

I don’t think I can share the project, but I can create a test project. I will see if that reproduces the same issue. If so, I will share that asap.

Thanks again! I really appreciate the help.

We really appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot this with us!

No prob at all.

I will get you a demo later today, after work.

Maybe it’s just me though? I would like save you guys/gals from a wild goose chase. :smiley:

In meantime, before I can get you a working demo/code, my setup involves a Symbol that includes the accordion. Each page’s symbol has been edited to show the proper accordion open and link highlighted. Wondering if maybe I am using the accordion (embed in a symbol) wrong?

Either way, I’ll get you a demo asap.

Thanks again for your help, it’s greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Just sent the BMPR. Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help, @mhulse. There’s definitely a bug there.

I’ve reproduced it here and passed it on to our dev team, so they can work on fixing it.

Thank you! You folks are doing a great job! Balsamiq has been super helpful.

Also, the PDF export works really well for sending to clients, so +1 for useful PDF links/interactivity. :slight_smile:

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Hi @mhulse,

Just a quick note about

Any link setup in your project should work in a PDF export, does this work for you? Just want to make sure. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the follow up!

PDF export works great! Thank you. :slight_smile:

Clients are happy!

The awesome folks at Balsamiq rolled out a fix and it’s working perfectly now!

Thank you for your help @Virgin and @Brendan, you guys have been super helpful!

Balsamiq ROCKS! Such a great tool!

Thanks again! :thumbsup: