Balsamiq Community Discussion

[SOLVED] Corrupted file - can't restore

Hey Balsamiq Team,

my Balsamiq Cloud project got corrupted somehow and I can’t open it anymore.
I tried downloading it and opening it with desktop app, but once again, I get an error and file does not open.
I had managed to restore the file once without too much loss and continued working on it without an issue, and a few days later, I can’t open it again.
If I can’t open that file, I’m going to be losing 10+ hours of agency work for clients.
Any ideas?

Hey Kelly,

Really sorry for the trouble here. This was a hiccup we hit last week with a server update we shipped. The bad news is that the project, as it stands, won’t load. The good news is that we can fix it easily.

We would have fixed it already, but we felt it would feel weird if we just send you a fixed copy of a file out of the blue, without context. I sent emails to the small handful of folks affected by the bug on Thursday last week. Maybe it got caught in your spam.

I’m having Florian fix your project right now. As soon as he is done, I will send it to your email address.

I’m sorry again for the trouble. :frowning:

Thank you for a swift response Brendan!

I did definitely not expect a personalized response to this issue, but I am pleasantly surprised.
I do have to say that I haven’t received any emails from you yet. I’m looking forward to it! Thanks for being up to date with this issue. :slight_smile:

Would be great if Florian could fix the file today. Nevertheless, I wish both you and Florian a nice day.

I have the file and am writing up the instructions as we speak. :slight_smile:

I sent the original email to cinnamon.designers@…, which may be why you didn’t see it. I’ll send this one to your email!

I’m sorry again for the scare. It will be in your inbox in 5 min or so!

Oh, totally makes sense, I didn’t check that address.

Thank you so much Brandon (and Balsamiq Team!) <3