Balsamiq Community Discussion

Stop Tooltip - Double click to edit

I have been using this application for years. I know “Double click to edit”. Stop the tooltip from showing up forever.

[Feature Request] Hide hints

Hi @readygo,

Thanks for using our little tool.

I understand that you might want an option to disable it.
I’ve added this request to our internal tracker so we can review and consider it for the future.

If others would like to see this feature, please let us know (or add your Like/Heart vote above) to help us prioritize this request.

I second this. When showing my screen and talking through mockups with other SMEs it is distracting to keep seeing the yellow tooltip popping-up as I am pointing to things on the mockup.

Hi @readygo and @bbeswick,

Good news! We just released our latest official version (3.3.1) including change regarding the tooltips showing up too quickly. They should be a lot less annoying now.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback on this! :smile:

You can get the new version (3.3.1) here:
https://balsamiq.com/download/

And the complete release notes are here:
http://blogs.balsamiq.com/product/2015/12/02/3-3/

It’s great that you guys are addressing this, but I’d like to reaffirm the original request. It would be great to be able to disable the tooltips. They are quite an annoyance when I’m trying to collaborate with coworkers that are viewing my screen. Yes, there is a presentation mode, but I want the ability to be able to quickly make edits and zoom in/out when needed.

I think it would be more tolerable if the tooltips helped the overall experience, but it only ever says “Double click to edit.”

Thanks!

Chris

Hi @Pearson,

I’ve added this request back in our tracker, the detail use case you describe here is greatly helping to further discuss it.

Thanks for reviving the topic, we’ll look into it!

Yes, please disable the tooltips. It’s SUPER, SUPER, S-U-P-E-R ANNOYING, LIKE ALL CAPS, when you are working with the app or using you mouse cursor to point out something.

Another vociferous YES PLEASE on ability to disable tooltips… they were helpful 3 years ago when I started using Balsamiq, but now the only thing they accomplish is irritation at inconvenient times : (

I hate to bump this but I’m really surprised this hasn’t been addressed yet. The tooltip is so annoying every time it ends up in screenshots or GIF captures. Please give us a way to get rid of it, or find a new place to show the message that is out of the way, such as the bottom-left of the canvas.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this, @Ryan.

I’ve added your vote for this one and will raise the topic to the team so we can discuss it more.

Please kill the tooltip. Thanks, Ken.

Please provide a way to hide the tooltips! I’ve been using mockups for many years, and find the tooltip a continual annoyance. Like others, the biggest irritation for me is when it appears in a screen capture – my preferred method by far for copying mockups to documents.

Please add my vote as well

Please add my vote for disabling the hints

I’d like to add another vote for this to be disabled. It’s completely infuriating. I understand it for new users to explain how things work (but double click to edit is fairly intuitive anyway), but for someone who has used Balsamiq for a very long time, this really adds nothing to my experience - it just costs me time.

Please add my vote for an option to permanently disable the tool tips.

The problems I am having are (1) I accidentally trigger one just before taking a screen shot and it is so annoying to get through a batch of screenshots only to realize that half of them have tool tips in them and (2) They are distracting when working in the product live with my team.

I am thinking I would like to permanently disable them… I do not want to disable them only when doing certain things like presenting.

Thanks!