Balsamiq Community Discussion

Strange Import conflict

Hi,

starting from today, I get a strange import conflict dialog each time I drag and drop a control into my wireframe:

I tried the different button options (which I do not fully understand), but the dialog keeps popping up every time I add a new control what is, of course, quite annoying.

Any idea on how to deal with this problem?

Thanks for your help,
Bernd

Hi there Bernd,

Thanks for the post. We actually had a report or two of this issue a couple of days ago and got it fixed yesterday so you should not be seeing it. Can I assume you’re using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10 or 11?

Can you clear your local browser cache then reload your project. Does the problem persist?

If so can you get back to us with the platform you’re using (e.g. Windows 10) and the browser and version. Also, with your project open in Balsamiq Cloud can you tell us the Cloud version you are seeing via the menu - Help > About Balsamiq Wireframes:

CleanShot 2021-11-19 at 08.45.36

Hi Alasdair,

thanks for the quick reply. I’m using Chrome on Linux / KDE:

Unfortunately, clearing the browser cache didn’t help. But interestingly, the problem does not occur in Firefox. I will try on my Windows laptop with Chrome later and let you know the result.

I think it may have to do something with me having tried to drag and drop sort the wireframes in the wireframe list pane on the left. This also pasted an image of the wireframe that I was trying to put in another order onto the active wireframe. The problem started after this action…

Best regards,
Bernd

Please @Bernd_Liebermann. And thank you.

Does not happen here on my Windows machine. With some patience, maybe the problem will fix itself on my Linux machine. I will keep you informed. Thanks for your assistance!

Thanks @Bernd_Liebermann

Which version of Chrome is running on your Linux machine? Can I assume you have Chrome 96.0 on your Windows machine?

Hi Alasdair,

you can see the Chrome version on Linux in the screenshot above. On my windows laptop, the version is also 96.0.4664.45.

1 Like