Version: 3.5.17 (Windows 10)
It’s been a while since someone commented, here, but I wanted to chime in and say this bug is still happening (it just happened to me).
I don’t know what you guys consider a “relatively big” BMPR file, though this issue certainly seems like it started happening as the mockup grew in size.
Mine is currently 4.77 MB.
It’s all mockups, except for 2 reusable symbols I’ve created - a simple sidebar menu and an even simpler page header.
I’ve also imported one symbol library from the online library - micro callouts.
I’ve been using manual save almost as long as I’ve been using the software.
This is all happening locally on my laptop (i7, 16GB, SSD).
While I’m admittedly clueless to the plumbing in Balsamiq, I’d like to also champion the idea of turning off thumbnail generation/loading when they’re turned off in the app.
After a certain number of mockups in the project, especially with enough pages that looked relatively similar, I found the thumbnails too small to be useful. I found it easier to just name each mockup with a descriptive name and turn thumbnails off. It fits more choices in the list at any given scroll length, too.
Unless the thumbnails are necessary for some other function (not sure what that could be, since after turning them off, I never see them), preventing thumbnail generation of mockups when we opt out of using them seems like it could be a win:win.
- Saving and loading a project speeds up.
- Presumably, some size would be shaved off the project.
- Until this is definitively fixed, users are spared being affected by a bug in a feature they’ve turned off.
In any case, thanks for an absolutely amazing piece of software.
One of the best I’ve ever used.