Balsamiq Community Discussion

Support of user journeys

Hi

We’re using Mockups in our development process and it works quiet nicely. But for the discussion with our users, we’d like to have a user journey feature. Do you have discussed about this or are you already planning it?

Well, my idea of a user journey is: we have a set of individual (static) mockups based on which the user takes a journey (thus the name). Each journey is a set of mockups I select for a dedicated topic. As follows:

Ordering process: login, select product, provide shipping details, provide payment details, confirm order, logout

Update shipping details: login, provide shipping details, logout

Update order: login, select order, select product, confirm order logout

In the above three user journeys, the same steps/mockups are used several times (e.g. the login). The customer wants to see theses three journeys and I want to create them out of one mockup project.

I can export three PDFs with a dedicated set of pages. But well… which pages did I export last time for my “Update shipping details”?

How does this sound? Is it worth for you to follow up? When can we expect a first prototype? ;o)

Hi @andi,

Thanks so much for the post and the suggestion. It’s certainly an interesting one and one I’ve filed formally for consideration. I am a little worried that it’s getting a little away from wireframing and more into prototyping but I appreciate your taking the time to lay out the use case.

Yes, it might be a next step to Mockups. But I guess it’s a logical one.

Prototyping? No, I don’t think so. It’s a step into communication with the customer, letting them understand, what’s going on in your brain :o)