Symbols not showing up in "All"


#1

Should my symbols be available when I click “All”? If so, I have a problem because mine are not. If not, how do I add a symbol to a mockup other than going to the symbol library and selecting it, copying and then going back to the mockup and pasting it in. Is there an easier way? I thought maybe it was because the app was an older version but I just updated to the recent and still have the same problem. I also thought maybe it was because there were two symbol libraries (no idea why) with the same default name “Project Symbols”. I moved all (about 8) from one to the other library and deleted the extra and now empty “Project Symbols” library. All my symbols are there (about 60) but I can’t use them except to copy and paste as I mentioned.


#2

Hi @Boballoo,

Sorry for the hassle, I’d be happy to help with your symbols.

You should be able to access any symbol from two categories in the UI Library, All and Symbols, as shown below:

Since you mentioned updating the tool recently, I assume that you are using version 3.3.14, correct?

If the issue persists, would you mind sending your BMPR file to support@balsamiq.com so we can try to reproduce the bug here? We will keep your data in the strictest confidence and only long enough to try to debug your issue.

We’ll get to the bottom of this, Robert!


#3

I guess it has fixed itself. As I mentioned, I had two “Project Symbols” menus in the left frame when I chose “View/Symbols” from the top menu. The symbols from one of these showed up when I clicked the “All” button but none of the symbols under the other “Project Symbols” menu showed up. I moved all symbols to this “Project Symbols,” deleted the other one, restarted and now they all appear there. I’m not sure why there were two of these “Project Symbols,” or why one did not work, except to view it in the left menu. However, now if I click on the “All” button and then click on the top menu “View/Symbols” then all the symbols disappear from the thumbnail view of “All” at the top of the app. I am not sure if this is a bug or a design quirk. I guess they don’t need to be there because they are listed in the left “Project Symbols” menu but it is easier to see what they are from the thumbnails that should appear at the top than it is from the text name at the left. Anyway, I have attached the .bmpr file just in case. editfast-keyword-seo-focus.bmpr (1.7 MB)