Balsamiq Community Discussion

The mockup right below the highlighted one can't be selected

Hi, I have an issue where the mockup directly below the one that is selected now can’t be selected (It doesn’t react when I click it). In the image below, I can’t select the one where the arrow is pointing:

I can still double-click the item to change the name, and open the contextual menu by clicking the arrow on the right.

In order to select that one, I need to select a different one, and then the one I originally wanted becomes selectable.

How often this happens depends on the project file that I’m editing. For one, it happens 100% of the time. For others, it happens occasionally.

Hi @JuanMejiasGoma and sorry for the trouble my friend!

Is there any chance that you could send us your BMPR file so that we can try to reproduce the issue here? We will keep your data strictly confidential and only long enough to try to debug the issue.

I think you’re on a recent version but we released a new one today (3.5.9) so you may want to give it a try too.

That one may be tied to the use of Adobe AIR alongside, in which case it shouldn’t be a problem for too long since we’re moving to a native version (no ETA yet).

We’ll do our best to help!

Hi @Virgin, great to hear the native version is coming soon. I’ll send you my file right away. Thanks!

I had this problem, too. I was unable to select the mockup immediately below the one I was working on. I closed file and reopened and everything worked ok. I’m using 3.5.14 desktop.

Sorry about that @kelleytjohnson. Sounds like the app was having trouble with something, but the restart got it working again. If you continue to have issues, please let us know, and we will dig deeper. :slight_smile: