"This project file cannot be opened." - but deadline is today :(

Hi,

I have a problem with one of my projects, If i try to open that project, Balsamiq returns me this message:
Error Opening Project
This project file cannot be opened

Before this I was exporting PNGs for this project, but Balsamiq freezes, so i must to shut it down. When I try to open project again after that shutdown, the only thing i get is that error message. :frowning:

i’m using this version of Balsamiq:
Version: 3.3.9 - 02/08/2016 16:07
Adobe Air Player Version: WIN 20,0,0,267

Please, can you help me some way?

(sorry for my english)

Hi @Martin_Kolcaba,

So sorry for the snag!

I just replied to your email but wanted to post my reply here too. I’m looking at your file right now to see if I can recover some data from it.

In the meantime, I read here that you are using our latest version (3.3.9).
We recently added a new backup system of all projects locally to an internal folder (starting with version 3.2.1). Here is the way to access the local store folder where these backups stay: https://support.balsamiq.com/desktop/backup/

Hopefully, you should get a working version of your project from there. I know that today is your deadline for this project so I thought this would be the quickest way.

Sorry again for the hassle with this. Please let us know if you need any additional instructions to find a working version of your file, we’re here to help!