Balsamiq Community Discussion

Tooltip of icon name is not shows on inspector?

Hi, I use balsamiq wireframe 4.2.5 for windows trial version.
When I add new design, and insert an icon, there is no tooltip of the icon when I mouse over on inspector panel.
2021-07-12_111832

When I use version 3, it shows icon name and font awesome name. For example: I insert cloud download icon, it will show tooltips “Cloud Download fa-cloud-download”.

I know it’s a simple thing, but it really helpfull when I need to find font awesome name of the icon.

Maybe there’s a different way on showing the name? please enlighten me.
Thanks.

Hey @sicenul ,
It looks, like the icons’ names in Balsamiq are similar to the names in Fontawesome, so you only need to change the name according to naming conventions, e.g. Cloud Download to fa fa-cloud-download, no search needed!

But more broadly, I suggest you probably want to use more modern Fontawesome version, or anther set of hi-fi icons. So in Balsamiq you create quick and dirty wireframe and approve it, then implement it with final design and (probably) different icons set.

It looks, like the icons’ names in Balsamiq are similar to the names in Fontawesome, so you only need to change the name according to naming conventions, e.g. Cloud Download to fa fa-cloud-download , no search needed!

Okay, thanks :slight_smile:

So in Balsamiq you create quick and dirty wireframe and approve it, then implement it with final design and (probably) different icons set.

I’m sorry I don’t understand. Do you have any link or document on detail explanation and how to implement it?

Hey @sicenul!

I confirmed with the team that this is a bug and we will fix it as soon as we have the opportunity. :slight_smile:. Thank you for the report, my friend.

1 Like