Balsamiq Community Discussion

Transfering projects over when upgrading to Google Add-on

Hi: we have been using the online version of Balsamiq and want to transfer over to the Google Add-on product. Will we be able to transfer over our projects?

Hi @NatashaGiroux and thanks for reaching out today. :slight_smile:

You will be able to transfer your projects from one version to other indeed. It seems like you were using our “old” web version, myBalsamiq, correct?

Here are the steps for moving a project from myBalsamiq to Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive:

import-bmpr

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you very much, @Virgin! I will let you know if I have any problems with this process when we move over.

Hi Virgin,

I have followed the instructions on this email but when I upload the project, this error message appears: Oops! We are not able to load the project, please try to reload the page: SQLITE_ERROR: no such table: INFO.

Can you please help?

Best wishes,

Natasha Giroux
Graduate Management Trainee, Blocksure Limited
07999491919 | www.blocksure.com |
20 Ropemaker Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2Y 9AR

Sorry about that, @NatashaGiroux.

Would you mind sending us the related BMPR file via support@balsamiq.com so we can try to solve this for you? We will keep your data strictly confidential and only long enough to try to debug your issue.

We’ll do our best to help you with this migration!

Sorry Virgin, it’s working now.

We are also a bit confused as to how the pricing and account works.

We now have the bmpr files saved in a shared google drive folder. I’ve checked that my colleagues who have access to the shared folder can access the projects as they can. At the moment it says we are on a free trial but I am concerned for when we have to start paying. How will this work with anyone in the shared folder being able to open the files? Will they be able to open it but not edit, if they have now paid $5 per month?

Also, how do we cancel our old web account, mybalsamiq, so that we don’t get charged? We have the added complication that the site owner no longer works with us.

Best wishes,

Natasha Giroux

Thanks for letting me know about the project, Natasha.

I’ve just looped in my colleague Anna from our Sales team and she thought that it may be easier for her to answer your questions about the pricing and account directly via email. Could you please email us at sales@balsamiq.com?

She’s aware of the situation and ready to answer you there. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Thank you Virgin, I just emailed her now. Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,

Natasha Giroux

Hi Virgin,

I just have one more question which I thought you might be best to ask: if we wanted to share our mockup with an external customer who didn’t have a google drive account or did but hadn’t purchased and installed the Balsamiq google drive add on, would our only option be for us to download an interactive PDF and send it to them? The only downside to this option is that it’s not a dynamic link like in our old MyBalsamiq plan, so when we make changes we’ll have to send a new PDF. Is this correct?

Best wishes,

Natasha Giroux

Hi Natasha!

That’s right, the exported PDF won’t get updated with any further updates.

On the other hand, you could share the project via Google Drive instead, where you can set up specific access like Can view or Can comment if needed.

BTW Viewing wireframes and commenting with Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive is free, it’s only the editing functionality that requires a valid subscription after the trial expires, so no worries about the fact that they don’t have a subscription.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile: