Balsamiq Community Discussion

Transform to dialog very narrow

Hi Balsamiqers,

When I try and transform a symbol using the “Transform to” dialog it is soooo narrow can only see a small part of my symbol name. I have a 24" screen so there is no reason this should be so narrow.

Is there anything that can be done to adjust this?

Thank you.

Hi there @Doug ,

Thanks for the post. It’ll probably be easier to work out what’s happening here if we can see the controls.

Would you mind dropping a line to support@balsamiq.com with the details of the Symbol in question and which control type you are transforming to? If you can, just attach the project in question to your email and we’ll dig into it and work out the issue. Thanks!

Hi Alasdair,

Thank you for your response. It’s not a particular symbol that is the issue - it is the narrow window that they all appear in that makes it almost impossible to read the symbol names.

Please see attached screengrab.

There appears to be no ability to resize this window. What do you think?

Thanks!

Ah, yeah, that’s an issue with that panel, Doug. It doesn’t resize, unfortunately.

It’s better in Balsamiq Wireframes for Desktop, but it still has a character limit.

Let me talk to the team and see if we can do better here. It wouldn’t affect Mockups 3 as we no longer issue updates for Mockups 3, but it would help folks on the new app.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer here, Doug. Handling long Wireframe/Mockup names has been on our “to-do” list for a while.

1 Like

Thank you. Luckily there is a tooltip that helps.

1 Like