Unable to edit mockups or select items on myBalsamiq after uploading files created in Desktop?

Hello, all!

I am having an issue right now that hasn’t happened to me before. I created a mockup on the Desktop version and uploaded it to myBalsamiq. Now when I try to work on it online, I cannot make any edits. I cannot even select any items. Is anyone else having this issue?

Please help!

Thanks!

Hi @IAmSamHankins,

Sorry for the hassle with this.

Did you follow the steps detailed in this article >http://support.balsamiq.com/customer/portal/articles/2051535#fromb3< to move your project from Mockups 3 for desktop to myBalsamiq?

If following these steps lead to the issue, would you mind sending your project/BMPR file to support@balsamiq.com so that we can try to reproduce the issue here? We will keep your data in the strictest confidence and only long enough to try to debug your issue.

Also, please share the URL of your myBalsamiq site so we can check that everything is working as expected there too.

Sorry again for the hassle, we’ll get to the bottom of it!

Hi there - I’m having the same problem. I’ve followed the instructions and am trying to move desktop files to MyBalsalmiq for group editing…but nothing is editable. Suggestions?

Hey @Susan_Morrow

There is a bug in myBalsamiq where. if you are using any of the new controls (Line of Text or Block of Text) in your Mockups, the editor doesn’t know what to do with them, and then won’t let you do anything at all.

The fix we have right now is to swap those controls for Text Controls in Mockups 3, re-export them, and then re-upload them. We know that fix really sucks, so we are working to add those controls to myBalsamiq. If you would like, you can send us the BMPR file, and we will swap the controls, and then re-export the file for you. Whatever is easiest for you.

I’m really sorry about the snag with this. We are going to get it fixed ASAP.