Balsamiq Community Discussion

Unable to export png

Somewhat continuing the conversation from here but starting a new one given the time elapsed Bug Report: Saving Issues
I am experiencing the same problem. When I tried deleting the original file and re-did the export, I got an error saying I did not have access to save that file. When I then retried (still no sign of the file in Explorer) it told me that I was replacing the file and still not saving although it tells me it has.
Version: 3.5.15
Adobe Air Version: WIN 32,0,0,100

It seems to happen randomly - some exports from the same project save with no problems, overwriting the existing version.
Going back into Explorer, it now shows the same file that I deleted in Explorer - so it is re-saving the old file

0 Likes

Hi @NikiH,

Thanks so much for the post and sorry for the annoyance here. This seems to be a tricky one to track down. Looking forward, we’re in the middle of a major update to the desktop apps which will remove our dependence on Adobe Air. That’s going to give us complete control over every aspect of the software and should reduce the incidence of issues like this.

But, back to the present, can I gather a little information and ask you to try one thing?

First, when you say “When I tried deleting the original file and re-did the export, I got an error saying I did not have access to save that file” can you let me know the exact text of the error message. If it’s easiest to grab a screenshot of the error, please do that next time you see it and email the image to support@balsamiq.com.

One thing you can try is uninstalling Mockups 3 then reinstalling with elevated privileges. To do that, uninstall the app as you would any Windows app. Then download the installer (https://balsamiq.com/wireframes/desktop/) and run it by right-clicking on it, choosing “Run as administrator” and following the prompts. Once installed, can you try the export to PNG again and let me know if the issue persists?

0 Likes

Thanks, that worked. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to re-create the error since I decided to post. I’ll send it if it appears again

1 Like