Using non-default font appears to have antialiasing disabled until i click somewhere on the mockup

I switched my mockup to use Roboto font. After doing so, I noticed that the fonts seemed jagged, however, once i clicked anywhere on the mockup, the font edges smooth out almost like antialiasing when from disabled to enabled.

I’m assuming this is a bug?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi @mboltuc,

Thanks so much for getting in touch. I took a first pass at this and I’m not seeing the symptom you describe.

Are you using Windows or macOS and, in either case, which version?

Can you confirm that you’re using the latest version of Mockups 3 for Desktop (3.5.15) which you can download here: https://balsamiq.com/download/

If not, please go ahead and download and install that version and let me know if the issue persists?

All the best for now.

I am on Windows 10 using
Balsamiq Mockups
Version: 3.5.15 - 10/16/2017 14:51
Adobe Air Player Version: WIN 30,0,0,110

When I first open the mockup:

After I click somewhere on the mockup:

Hi @mboltuc,

Thanks - I see what you mean. Would you mind sharing that wireframe with me so I’m not making assumptions about the controls you’re using? I’ll only need it as long as we’re diagnosing this and, of course, your content will only be seen by Balsamiq support staff. if you’d like to split the wireframe in question into its own project, that would be fine.

If that works for you, you can send the BMPR file to support@balsamiq and I’ll take a look.

Thanks!

This is so weird, so I closed out of all my mockups that I had open at the time when I switched one of them from Balasmiq font to Roboto and now everything seems fine. I guess maybe I’ll blame windows or adobe air for this one :wink: ? I report back if I see the issue show up again. Thanks for your help.

Hi @mboltuc

I’ll blame windows or adobe air for this one

Let’s do that :slight_smile: I’m wondering if it wasn’t some transient thing in Air and a restart fixed it. We’re in the process of creating new, native versions of the desktop apps for macOS and Windows. ETA is end of this year and we’ll no longer be reliant on Air!

Keep an eye on it and, if you see it again, we can dig deeper.

Thanks again! Looking forward to the new native version! :slight_smile: