Using one symbol to line up another

When I select Symbols from the drop down menu on the top left of the workspace, all the symbols I’ve created are displayed in a mish-mash in the right panel.

If I select one to work with, that becomes the only symbol visible in the right panel.

Now, if I want to modify an existing symbol based on the shape, position or size of another, I can’t because I can’t display two symbols at once so I have to keep flipping back and forth from one to the other.

Is there a way around this?

So there isn’t a great way to do this, @Michael_Paparo. I’m sorry about that.

You could paste one symbol into another symbol’s listing, but that would change the whole symbol, so you would have to delete it.

I’m going to pass this on to the Dev team because it makes sense that you might want to be able to look at two symbols at once.

What you could do now is add both symbols to a blank mockup, break them apart, make the changes you wanted to make, and then make them new symbols (with new names).

It’s not a great workaround, but it will let you look, and edit, both symbols at once.

I’m sorry about any hassle that causes you, Michael. Maybe we can do better here!.