Wacom tablet scrolling experience

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently bought a Wacom Intuos graphics tablet and wanted to use it with Balsamiq. Everything works quite fine, apart from scrolling. When scrolling vertically it jumps a lot and also moves much faster than I move the pen. Scrolling horizontally is almost impossible, as it scrolls vertically at the same time for some reason.

I have a MacBook 13" (late 2014) with most recent updates to the OS X and tablet drivers too.

Even on the Mac’s touchpad the scrolling experience is far from ideal, it’s laggy and does not really reflect the real movement of the finger. I am using Sketch 3 too and the scrolling there is spot on, very natural and fluid.

I love Balsamiq and use it every day, I was hoping that after migrating from Air the scrolling would be better but unfortunately it’s still far from what it could be.

Hi @Rujna,

Sorry for the hassle with scrolling.
I totally agree on the fact that this could be a better experience in our little tool.

Migrating from Air should indeed help in this case but we are not there yet.
We are currently working hard on going native. I can’t provide any ETA yet as this is a huge project for our small team but we will get there as fast as we can, so stay tuned! :wink:

Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to provide your feedback, that is something very important for us.

Any recommendations for balsamiq to use over an ipad/tablets with wacom stylus? That would be superb. :slight_smile:

Hey @Abinash_Mohanty!

For now, we do not support the use of any stylus/pen but that is something we could consider once we go mobile.

Bringing our tool to mobile platforms is definitely on our roadmap. Going native will be the first step towards that direction (new web version is already in private beta :slight_smile:) but then we plan to work on mobile versions too!

No ETA yet for those but we’ll definitely keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Thanks @Virgin for the update :slight_smile: