When I use Balsamiq Mockups 3.3.12 all day it crashes

My system freezes and it’s hard to know why. Please advise.

I’ve done a hard reset and that seems to work but this really should not be happening, right?

My actions prior to the crash include opening and closing multiple project files of 10 or more mockups.

Hey @dthiel7

I’m sorry for the crashing; it’s definitely not intended. One of the downsides of being an Adobe Air app (as we are starting to learn) is that Adobe Air gets grumpy when it starts to use ~2 gigabytes of RAM.

My guess is, with opening and closing so many projects, that you are probably hitting that limit late in the day. That is why you see crashes. I’m really sorry about that, Douglas.

It’s one of the many reasons we have been working hard on a non-air/flash version of the app. I don’t have a timetable for it, but we are hoping to bring the web app into beta this summer. Desktop apps will follow that.

If you aren’t using multiple projects at once, it may help to quit the app when closing a project, and then reopen it with the new project (if that works within your workflow). That will clear out the memory footprint, and keep Adobe Air happy.

I cannot apologize enough for the frustration this is causing you. This will get better.