Why can't I add color to the assets in my mockup?

A logical progression would be sketch, wire frame, then eventually some realistic looking screens. Why can’t I take a windows, or h.splitter, etc and apply color to it? For example in the window (dialog box) there’s a dialog title. Why can’t I add a color to the dialog title box? I know you have “skins” but I’m not sure how this applies to the mockup I’ve created. Please help.

Hi again @sophsterm! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your needs today. Since Balsamiq Mockups is meant to be a starter tool that mimics what you can do with a pen and paper, we try to keep it as easy to use as possible. That being said, getting your input is very helpful and we consider every request we get.

You’re not the first person to ask for adding color to the Splitter control and I’ve added your vote for it to help prioritising the request. In the meantime, you can use the workaround I suggested in the other thread you wrote in.

As for the Window control, you can quickly achieve your need by overlaying it with a borderless, semi-transparent Rectangle control, as show below:

Thanks again for taking the time to post this. Anything else, we’re here!

Thank you. It’s a “workaround” and adds more “work” but I guess I can do that. Thank you! You also replied with some other similar instructions where you add the ellipses. What is the difference and why do you need ellipses?

Hey @sophsterm,

Just replied to the other thread but why not here too. :slight_smile:

In the other use case, I only added ellipses to mimic the V.Splitter control. Please let us know if you need anything else.